Re: music in debian

Michael Chagnon, Escape Velocity <evinquiries@gmail.com>
> I was interested in having one song of ours, from our new album, distributed
> with the Debian package. So that when users install Debian, they have a
> piece of music to test their new OS's audio with. Similar to when Windows 95
> and 98 discs came with several videos and/or pieces of music. Please let me
> know who I must contact or what I should do to make this happen. If you need
> any information, please let me know. Thanks. --Michael

First, I think you should contact the debian-installer developers
to ask whether any music is suitable for during the install. I'm
not sure whether the installer will set up sound systems. Their
web pages are at http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

The second possibility I can think of is to contact one or more
sound player package maintainers and ask if any are interested
in making a audio-test-data package which sound players could
Suggest or Recommend.

Please note that either way, your music files will need to be
licensed in a way that follows the Debian Free Software Guidelines,
giving people freedom to use, adapt, distribute and share modified
versions of them. You can read more at http://www.debian.org/intro/free

I thank you for the offer and I wish you well,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/