Re: Non-DDs as official Debian package maintainers

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>

> Lack of proof - lack of visibility in the way sponsoring is treated
> in real life - is part of my point in this thread, but not all. What
> worries me more is the lack of responsibility behind such behavior. But
> as I have no proof we can just end the discussion here and you can
> sleep well at night deciding that I am simply hunting a ghost. :-I

I think you're hunting more than a ghost, because it took me some
time to arrive at my current way of sponsoring. It really doesn't
seem very clear, notes are in three places (policy, developers
reference and mentors FAQ) and there are different opinions about
it. I still don't know if I'm doing it the best way, but it works
for me.

I felt your initial suggestion would make my least favourite
way (and one contradicted by the developers-reference) policy.
Maybe if you can find some examples of sponsorship hiccoughs,
it might help inform better suggestions?

--
MJR/slef