Re: Software Packages in "stable" - [security]

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 05:38:31PM +0100, Leslie Ianson wrote:
> To Whom This May Concern
>
> Firstly, I would like to thank your for taking the time to read my
> e-mail. This should just be a quick question, I hope.
>
> In regards to the Software Packages under the "stable" directory what
> does the [security] label mean?

These are probably packages that have had a security update since sarge was
released (june 06 2005), and thus available from the security repository and
not the stable repository.

A default install should have both normal stable and stable/security in your
apt sources so it should be transparent for you.

Friendly,

Sven Luther