Re: Non-DDs as official Debian package maintainers

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:01:26 +1000
Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:

> > I am the maintainer (non-DD) of LDAP Account Manager and I am the
> > upstream author, too. If you do not trust me, who then?
> It's not that we distrust you - only that we do not trust you yet.
> We only trust developers. It's not personal. A developer is someone
> who has passed some assessment tasks and had their key signed by
> another developer.
> As Jonas said, by definition we do not trust non-developers.

And to clarify: The "trust" relevant here is in _maintaining_ the
_packaging_ of software for Debian officially. This is related to, but
is not equal to, developing and maintaining the software itself.

 - Jonas

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)