announcing a discussion list about academic aspects of Debian

Hi all,

I am starting a new mailinglist with the goal to gather those
interested in Debian from an academic perspective. I will be
researching several aspects of Debian in the future, and I know some
have done so (congrats, Biella!), or are still doing so (hi, tbm).

The purpose of the list is thus to

  - discuss aspects of Debian related to concepts and theory from
    other sciences, such as socio-anthropology, psychology,
    management science, economics, classic computer science, some
    philosophy, and whatever else relates.

  - give those working on papers a means to seek help or pointers to
    existing research.

  - discuss theories as they are formed.

  - you name it...

I thus invite interested parties (you don't have to actively
research Debian to be interested) to sign up at

The list language is English, and other than standard Debian rules,
no other policies exist.

I am not sure whether the list archives should stay public, but
that's something to be discussed with future members of the list.
I will leave them online for now, please contact me if you have
reasons to believe that should be changed.

`. `'`
Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
will kill for oil!