Re: Delegation for trademark negotiatons with the DCCA

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> Well, most other delegates tend to get distracted and not do reports :)

Indeed. I'd like to hear back from the FDL and CC delegates, for example.

[...]
> The concerns here are "acknowledging Debian" and "not being misleading",
> and they're shared by everyone involved, no? Is there some reason either
> list is inappropriate for working out how to simultaneously address
> those concerns?

The problem with public mailing lists is that pride and
confidentiality both chill some discussion, while unrelated
flamers heat some up. Maybe they shouldn't, but they often do.

Private lists have the disconnection and suspicion problems I
think you're describing. Negotiations are difficult to do well.

--
MJR/slef