Re: Problems on an ISO image

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 12:38:43PM -0300, Luciano Darriba wrote:
>Hello. My name is Luciano, and I've a problem, but I
>don't know if this is the right place to write.
>I've downloaded de ISO image of the netinstall version
>of Debian 3.1r0 for IA64, and I burnt it on a CD, but
>the CD is not booteable. The checksum is right, I
>don't know if the problem is the image or the CD, or
>the burner. Please I need an answer, because I need
>Debian to build a Cluster on my University. Thanks
>anyway.

What type of system are you trying to run this on? ia64 is for Intel
Itanium-based systems. If you're using an amd64 or Intel 64-bit Xeon
processor, you'll need to download the (unofficial) amd64 ISO instead;
see

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/

for that.

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back