Re: Debian Jigdo (non-us)

Ben Stott wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Dear Sir / Madam,
>
>Eduserv Internet are the current host for the JISC National Mirror
>service at http://mirror.ac.uk/ <http://mirror.ac.uk/> . We have been
>mirroring the Debian non-us Jigdo downloads from
>ftp.fi.debian.org/debian-cd/jigdo
><http://admin.mirror.ac.uk/source.php?action=edit&id=133> , however it
>looks as though that source is now unavailable.
>
>	I have looked through your site, and found links to
>http://atterer.net/jigdo/, however I am unsure that this is a non-us
>version and that we can use it. Would you be able to advise where we
>might be able to link to in order to download and mirror the non-us
>Jigdo?

Hi Ben,

Since the Debian project has released the latest version of Debian,
3.1 (aka sarge), there are two changes that will affect you:

 1) we no longer ship non-US versions of the CDs, DVDs or jigdo files,
    as the non-US parts have now effectively all been re-integrated
    into the main Debian archive.
 2) the layout on the CD/DVD download site cdimage.debian.org has
    changed to accommodate the new release

It looks like the config for the mirrors you're keeping at

  http://mirror.ac.uk/mirror/non-us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area

and

  http://mirror.ac.uk/mirror/ftp.fi.debian.org/debian-cd

needs updating to cope. Please feel free to contact me off-list and
I'll help you work it out.

Steve (for the Debian CD team)

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...