Re: how to request a DNS update

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 12:35:31AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I have not received any suggestions about this, the debian-admins
> have not answered my (or Joy's) mails and the CNAME is still wrong.
> My original request is dated April 12.
> I do not know what else I could do to work out a solution for this...
>
> leader@debian.org Cc'ed to make him aware of this communication problem
> affecting delegates and developers.

I have authorized Marco to communicate with the current owner of the
debian.it domain to effectuate its transfer to the Italian Linux Society.

(I am informed that SPI is not permitted to own the domain since SPI is a
U.S. organization -- in any case, my general instinct is to keep
geographically localized resources[1] under the control of nearby
organizations, where feasible and where we have a good relationship with
those organizations.)

Thanks for taking care of this, Marco!

[1] even if only in the virtual sense

--