Re: sarge and the Wall Street Journal

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 07:18:04PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
> > This needs to be done fast, so that journalists and other interested
> > parties that want to follow up on this "news" also get our side
> > of the story. Otherwise we leave them with only the ZDnet side of
> > the story.
>
> Where is the problem?  We cannot correct everything a random news
> media emits about Debian.  We haven't done that and we probably
> won't do that.
>
> Why not update the exact source zdnet used for their story?
> I.e. send a mail to debian-devel-announce with what you proposed?

Because, as I just mailed to press@, it is important to let *users* know
to use the new images, or to correct their installation, even if they've
already downloaded the old (after reading the 3.1r0 announcement on
debian-announce). I'm more concerned about user confusion than about
what ZDnet happens to be saying.

Cheers,