Re: sarge and the Wall Street Journal

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:51:40PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> I lack past experience in media relations.  I don't
> really know what to say.  I don't think that, "Get a
> clue, dude" would help.  Suggestions?

* _start_ the discussion on the positive news about Sarge
  and the importance for many large businesses and other
  cases. The most specific case that comes to my mind here
  in Europe is that Munchen chose to use Debian and not one
  of the well known commercial distro's.

* dont't start about this coincidence that there is a press
  release about a start-up that hired a well-known person
  and you are unhappy that this got more attention than the
  Sarge release. It is common that a start-up will publish
  about hiring a well known person and maybe they just had
  better PR entries into the WSJ.

* at the _end_, you may mention something like "and BTW,
  did you know that the peson you wrote about yesterday
  was one of the founders of Debian that I just talked
  about?" That may increase his interest in your story.

HTH,

Peter