agenda for Debian leadership team (a.k.a. "Project Scud") meeting on 2005-04-24

The leadership team described in Andreas Schuldei's[1] and my[2] platforms
for this year is having its first full formal meeting today at 2200 UTC.
The agenda is attached.

This is not a public meeting, mainly because some sensitive issues may be
discussed (details of Debian finances, interpersonal conflicts that the DPL
has been asked to resolve, and so forth).

I realize that a closed meeting is not ideal; I welcome suggestions on how
to balance the accountability of the DPL and the leadership team with the
necessity of dealing with the occasional sensitive issue in a more discrete
manner than a public IRC channel.

If it's any consolation, I'm not privy to anything that was said about me
over beers at LCA 2005, either.  :)

The meeting will be minuted, and the minutes will be posted to this list as
soon as they have been prepared and accepted by the team members in
attendance.

Ordinarily, the intent is to send out the agenda a fair bit further in
advance than this, so that people can comment and it can be modified to
reflect areas of concern that we may have overlooked.

As Bdale is en route back to the U.S. from Australia, we do not expect his
attendance at this meeting.

[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/2005/platforms/andreas
[2] http://people.debian.org/~branden/dpl/campaign/2005/platform.xhtml.en

--
G. Branden Robinson
Debian Project Leader

Meeting of 2005-04-24
=====================

Invitees:
  Andreas Schuldei
  Bdale Garbee
  Branden Robinson
  Enrico Zini
  Jeroen van Wolffelaar, interim chair
  Steve Langasek

Agenda
------

 1. Appoint a secretary
    Responsibilities may include:
    - Preparing minutes for meetings
    - Determining availability of team members for future meetings
 2. Determine whether the leadership team needs a public-facing contact
    address
 3. Collect report from each member on leadership-relevant mails
    received privately since the election results were announced
 4. Discuss pending funding requests
 5. Discuss whether the leadership team needs new members
 6. Current issues in Debian
    - Release status
    - Stable security status
 7. Assign task: review the formal delegations made by previous DPL,
    adjust delegations to fit reality, and don't let any delegations
    lapse accidentally
 8. Delegate team members to research and report at next meeting on
    areas of Debian concern that we may want to add to our to-do list:
    - Branden and Andreas could review their own platforms
    - Bdale could report on what he has learned at LCA 2005
    - Anthony, Matthew, and Angus's platforms could be distributed among
      Enrico, Jeroen, and Steve
 9. Discuss coming up with a better name for ourselves than "Project
    Scud"
10. Open discussion

vim:set ai et sts=2 sw=2 tw=72: