Re: GFDL freedoms

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 12:29 +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I remain unconvinced that the freedoms required for documentation are
> the same freedoms required for software.  I think the best way to fix
> the current situation is to propose the Debian Free Documentation
> Guidelines and modify the SC appropriately.  More on this when I have
> a first draft.

Don't forget to do the Debian Free Images Guidelines, the Debian Free
Sounds Guidelines, the Debian Free Music Guidelines, the Debian Free
Database Guidelines and the Debian Free Video Guidelines. Debian uses
all these types of content for games, Web applications, educational
stuff, desktop themes and backgrounds, dot dot dot.

Not all non-program software is documentation, after all. And not all
documentation is plain text.

~Evan

* OK, I'm not sure about video... but I figure it won't be long before
we have an Asia Carrera interstitial in a FLOSS game.

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org>