Re: IRC debate feedback

Marc Haber wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:44:45PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

[...]

I haven't looked at any earlier IRC DPL candidate debates, so I can't
compare if this was better or worse.

Earler debates may have been "easier" due to the lower number of
participants.

I strongly suspect that is true.  If we hope to have a wide field of
candidates in future elections (and I personally think that having a
variety of candidates is a good thing), we need to work out how to run a
debate with that many people involved in the most effective way possible.

The earlier debates that I've read [1][2][3], used variations on the
format of the first half of the 2005 debate.

Helen.

1. http://www.debian.org/vote/2000/leadership_debate/
2. http://raw.no/debian/debian-debate.html
3. http://www.debian.org/vote/2003/dpl-debate.log