Re: VA Linux / Sun Wah Linux to push Debian in China/Japan

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:14:05 +0100, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
> I aparently confused Roger So with my SCIM upstream James Su.
> Roger is DD.

Yes I am. :)

> > It will be nice if he can be invited to join Debian :-)
>
> He is already.  He seems busy though.  He maintain iiimf related
> pachkages im-sdk.

Yes, and I should have updated im-sdk a long long time ago...

One issue is the NM process (no I don't want to go into that, just
want to mention it.)  There are quite a few people in these parts of
the world who are either already in the NM queue or are put off by the
seemingly scary NM process.

Otherwise, I agree that at least the East Asian usability issues
should be addressed, like fonts and IM.  Things like pkg-ime are a
step in the right direction.  Do we have some place (a Wiki perhaps)
for collecting general CJK usability issues in Debian?  I think it
would be a nice starting point.

Thanks
Roger