Kernel 2.4.x and ebtables patch

I, my name is Michel, I'm a Linux Server Administrator

I recently upgrade my Woody server to Sarge. The package come in Woddy was to old and I don't realy like to upgrade with backports package. I use the kernel-source-2.4.27 with Debian patch as my default kernel. But I have to make an ethernet bridge with build-in firewall fonction and I try to patch the kernel with ebtables patch (http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/). The compilation failed.

Why don't you include ebtables in your kernel-source-2.4.x? How can I use the Debian kernel source with this patch?

Thanx a lot for a quick anser

Michel Paquet
Quebec, Ca