Re: New policy for http://www.debian.org/consultants/

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 23:30, MJ Ray wrote:
> Tobias wrote:
> > there hasn't been any more input to this thread for quite a while now,
> > so I gathered all opinions expressed so far and did a (partial) rewrite
> > of the new policy for the consultants webpage.
>
> This very-slight rewrite does not seem to incorporate the
> opinions about the geographic structure and the website
> backlinks. Section 3 has not changed at all. So, I think it is
> misleading to refer to this as having "gathered all opinions"
> because you appear to dismiss part of the feedback.

Well, yes. I did not change the part about the website link, because I had
the feeling that the number of people who don't want this link roughly
equals the number of people who don't object to this requirement. Therefore
I thought that further discussion would happen. Obviously, I should have
mentioned this fact explicitely, I'm sorry about that.

> I suggest dropping section 3 (website) and the "pick a nearby
> city" paragraph entirely. Any geographic grouping could be done
> when needed by allowing consultants to specify the subdivision(s)
> in which they work and then clients can access or search by
> the area names.

OK.

> Has the debian-consultants list been told about this discussion?

No, I didn't send my initial mail to that list. I've looked at the archives
and it seemed to me that -consultants@l.d.o is more or less dead. It mostly
consists of spam; some postings in September 2004 talk about shutting the
list down.

Cheers,

--

Tobias

    Never trust a man who can count to 1023 on his fingers.