Re: Debian Hardened project status.

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 10:02:03PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 07:22, Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro <lorenzo@gnu.org> wrote:
- openssh (i'm working on the patches that bring SecurID Token use
features, and others from independent hackers)

Most of the features you list are things that are difficult to get into Debian/main. But token based security for openssh is something that seems like it could go in without too much pain. Have you talked to Matthew Vernon about this?

This is something that should be handled at the pam level and shouldn't
require special handling from ssh. (Assuming a good ssh pam
implementation.) The last time I looked at the securid pam module from
rsa it didn't work with our ssh, but that's because they made it
dependent on bugs in ssh pam handling from older versions of ssh.
<shrug>

Mike Stone