Re: Debian Sarge does not have either version of apt-proxy

 On Thu 23 Sep, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 23-09-2004 18:42, Chris Bell wrote:

> |>See here: http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?excuse=apt-proxy
> |>

> |>~ - Jonas
> |

> |    All of those reports refer to the version in Sid-testing, which is a
> | complete re-write. Are there any reasons why the version 1.3.0 now working
> | in Woody will not work, and can not be included, in Sarge?
>
> Did you follow the link to the bugreports discussing this?
>

> ~ - Jonas

   I read several bug reports about the new re-write, together with the
request from the current maintainer that the re-write version 1.9.x series
should not be included in Sarge, before I sent my original email.
   I appreciate the work in hand to complete the re-write with improvements,
and would be delighted to see it appear in Sarge when the maintainers are
ready. The earlier 1.3.x version may not be perfect, but it does work for
me, and I have not found any other software that does the same job.

--
Chris Bell