Re: Patent clauses in licenses

On 2004-09-19 13:24:06 +0100 Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

who believe that licenses which terminate if you allege infringement of
a software patent in that software should be free. Is there anyone who
hasn't expressed a view who feels otherwise?

I have not expressed this view to debian-project or planet debian: patent licences which terminate on related patent action may be free. I do not see how copyright licences which terminate on patent action can be free.

Is your own view influencing your perception of a narrow majority?

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep