Re: Development project in Africa

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 15:43 -0700, Jason Keeney wrote:
> I am an international volunteer at the Institute for International
> Cooperation and Development (IICD - www.iicd-volunteer.org ). I am
> interested in starting a project in sub-Saharan Africa teaching people
> about Free and Open Source Software.  I would also like to teach
> people how to use a linux system.  I am testing several distributions
> for ease of use in a learning environment and would like to test
> Debian Linux.  I would like to know how I might be able to have a free
> copy of the latest stable version of Debian Linux shipped to me or how
> I could get a desktop or laptop computer preinstalled with Debian
> Linux donated to me.  Please contact me (jasonkeeney420@yahoo.com).
> If you have any questions or would like more information on this
> project feel free to ask.

That seems interesting, you can always:

* Buy a set of CDs from one of the vendors selling Debian CDs and
install from it [1].
* Download all the necessary files over the Internet, make a CD set
yourself and install from that [2].
* Download the installation system from the Internet, and get the rest
by downloading as you install [3].
* Buy a computer with Debian pre-installed [4].

Hope that [5] works,

1: http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/
2: http://www.debian.org/distrib/cd
3: http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
4: http://www.debian.org/distrib/pre-installed
5: http://www.debian.org/distrib/

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 GPG 356E16CD - 84F0 E180 8AF6 E8D0 842F  B520 63F3 08DB 356E 16CD