Re: Debian, lists and discrimination

Selon Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org>:

> On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:29:40PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > Evidence. I would like to see evidence that Debian has not been giving
> > equal rights to males and women over the past years.
>
> The fact that our male / female participation ratio is much lower than even
> the gender split in IT, let alone the wider community should be enough.

It is fact, not evidence. You cannot conclude it comes from discrimination.
What if women don't want to spend their spare time in computing
activities?

> Just because it doesn't say "no wheelchairs" at the door, doesn't mean those
> stairs aren't going to be a pain in the arse to get up.

You *still* haven't come with evidence. For example, you could point us
to where in the NM process there is discrimination (of course, not about the
silly he/she wordings war).

--
Jérôme Marant