Re: RfC: Updated Debian Flyer

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 11:50:51AM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> Include AMD64 into the list of supported architectures? I've not tried
> it, I've just seen (mail on d-d, IIRC) that AMD64 has now build >95% of
> the Debian packages, if I understood this right.

As it is very questionable that amd64 will release with Sarge, I'm a bit
hesitant to do this, as amd64 would not be a "supported architecture" in
a rigorous sense.

People handing out the flyer would have to say "Note that amd64 is only
available at $FOO doing $BAR, not in the official release" for the next
two years. Explaining the situation in the flyer would take too much
space and would probably look unfavourable ("Uhm, we argued about
technical details for a long time, and then it was too late").

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer