Re: On the uselessness of Debian trademarks.

* MJ Ray (mjr@dsl.pipex.com) wrote:
> This might be an inadvertant attempt to claim assocation, but it is
> still such an attempt and is covered by common law in the UK. People
> launching a commercial enterprise in England are expected to check for
> other similar enterprises already using that trademark and there is
> little room for argument if you get it wrong, whether or not that
> trademark was registered.

I seriously doubt this is correct.  Get a lawyer to back you up that
having the trademark registered doesn't help with enforcing it and
doesn't detract from the claims you can make.  Additionally, make sure
the same is true in other juristictions such as the US and the rest of
the EU.

	Stephen