Re: On the uselessness of Debian trademarks.

On 2004-05-09 10:05:51 +0100 Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

Note that a trademark doesn't have to be registered to exist.

OK, right, file, note the following about the previous emails: generally, my use of "trademark" was referring to "registered trademark giving access to the protections in the Trade Marks Act".

The restrictions permitted by a *registered* trademark are oppressive and Debian should not use them. Furthermore, it should not use copyright licences to police its logos because it is then promoting non-free software.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.