Re: wrong meaning of "GNU/Linux" on Debian Project mainpage

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 04:22:13PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> But hey, if you're seriously advocating we drop the GNU/ and just call
> it "Debian Linux"...

No way!  I must say I was quite shocked to see people in the "Google
ads" discussion search for "debian linux" to see what kind of adds
they would see.  Out of curiosity I think they all should search for
"debian gnu/linux", I got different ads (and more relevant ones iirc!)
compared to the former.  I didn't mention it then as there didn't seem
much point in it.

Think about it, just as there is "Debian GNU/HURD" there is "Debian
GNU/Linux" and if you want to make it short just make it "Debian".

Not that I feel like arguing about or changing the intro text on the
website though...  It looks ok right now.

Cheers
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom