Re: Google ads on debian.org

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 09:27:03PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:

> To perhaps see what Google adwords might produce for the Debian website
> you could look at one of my pages [1].  The ironic thiing is the Debian
> package adzapper seems to nuke them so I cannot see for myself at the
> moment what it is showing :)

     When I checked your page, the Google Ads seemed to be appropriate
to the subject.  This isn't always the case.  This morning I followed
a link from Slashdot to a story about climate change on
news-about-space.com. That site has Google Ads.  One was as follows:

              Discount Climate
              Change
              New & used Climate
              Change. aff Check
              out the huge
              selection now!
              www.eBay.com

     Following the link to E-bay showed a lot of items, apparently
mainly books or songs, with "Change" in their name.

     This illustrates how accurate Google's "Context Sensitive" ad
selection is.

Regards,

Bob
--