Re: Google ads on debian.org

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-12-13 17:08:41 +0000 Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader
> <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> Google has already plagued debian lists (both public and private)
> terribly with their Orkut and GMail services. At best, they are no

Google did?  Really?  I could see a lot of *third* parties doing it, but no
googleland citizens anywhere.

> different to other commercial endeavours and should be made to follow
> the same customs as everyone else.

They are more palatable, but not enough IMHO.  Not that I would be terribly
upset if we carried google ads (I wouldn't bother with it).  But it is
probably not worth the hassle.

Unless that means we finally get to expend $$$ in hardware so that we get: a
top-notch email cluster and a nice (as in some very very fast work nodes,
plus the arch-specific nodes that make it not-a-cross-compiler) dist-cc farm
capable of acting as the muscle for all of our autobuilders. And beef up
alioth a lot while at it, too.

  Henrique Holschuh