Sender ID, Mono and Debian

Hi,

Recently Debian stated[1] about Microsoft Sender ID technology, which,
given the choosen Royalty-Free, Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory
License (RAND+Royalty-free), couldn't be distributed by Debian.

The reasons are pretty clear, and I agree with them. This is not the
question.

The question is: Why Mono[2] has a different treatment, given that the
C#/CLI standards are licensed in the same way[3]? This, IMHO, is a
dangerous inconsistency to Debian.

What do you think?

daniel

[1] http://www.debian.org/News/2004/20040904
[2] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/mono
[3] http://www.gnome.org/~seth/blog/mono

P.S.: I have sent a message about this to debian-private on the Sender
ID thread, but it didn't echoed.