Re: Debian, lists and discrimination

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, MJ Ray wrote:

> This point was also made to me off-list. I don't have a good answer
> for it. However, some active people clearly want to work on this, so
> how do we make the best of it for debian? Clearly, "ignore it" can't
> be done now it is on lists.debian.org, IMO.

Ignore it may be the best answer.  These enthusiasms come and go in waves
and I think Debian as a project is congenitally incapable of sustained
effort towards any particular goal let alone a non-technical one.  In a
few weeks attentions will wander and it will become another ghost list
with naught but the fading echos of mortgage spams.[1]

[1] I must say the listmasters have done a pretty good job lately of
getting rid of most of the spam but some still gets through and you
notice it on the quiet lists.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>