re: GUADEC report

Matthew wrote:
> 2) The possibility that GNOME's adoptation of Java as an application
> development language would result in software depending on a closed
> JDK.The consensus appears to be that GNOME will never ship code that
> can't be run with free Java implementations

java-gnome has worked off and on with gcj/gij (native and interpreted)
for a while now. Both the java-gnome and gcj developers are making
interoperability a priority.

The very latest java-gnome work has developed a dependency on java's
org.omg.* classes, which is forcing us to pull some free software
replacements together.  I'm tracking progress here:
http://www.spindazzle.org/java-gnome

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>