Re: On the uselessness of Debian trademarks.

* MJ Ray (mjr@dsl.pipex.com) wrote:
> On 2004-05-09 23:59:30 +0100 Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> >Get a lawyer to back you up that
> >having the trademark registered doesn't help with enforcing it and
> >doesn't detract from the claims you can make.  Additionally, make sure
> >the same is true in other juristictions such as the US and the rest of
> >the EU.
>
> I do not wish to prove claims that only you have stated, nor to engage
> lawyers in every known jurisdiction, and I think it is pompous of you
> to try to order me around in that way.

I'm not ordering you, perhaps it wasn't clear but that's the
justification I'd require in order to be able to *believe* you.  I'm
asking you to back up *your* claims, not mine.  If that's not clear,
then how about you more clearly state what claims you *are* making.

	Stephen