Re: Debian Weekly News - April 27th, 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 07:58:41PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > > Editorial Amendments to the Social Contract passed. Manoj Srivastava
> > > [25]announced that the [26]general resolution covering editorial
> > > amendments to the [27]social contract has passed with a 4:1 majority
> > > (3:1 required). From 213 valid votes 174 were in favour of these
> > > changes while 39 people voted for further discussion.
> > >
> > > Sarge Release Status. Anthony Towns [28]reported that he can not
> > > justify the policy decisions to exempt documentation, firmware, or
> > > content any longer, as the social contract has been amended to cover
> > > all these areas and not only software. Hence, these blobs need to be
> > > removed from sarge before it can be released. This will make a release
> > > impossible for this year, though.
> >
> > Good to have such biased news reporting :P
>
> DWN is accessable via anonymouse CVS, you should have complained
> *before* it got published and not whine about the editorials afterwards.

Uh, yeah, if I had another 24 hours each day, I would go around chasing
unreleased versions of DWN. :P I don't think it's unreasonable to expect
at least an attempt at a neutral point of view (e.g. not omitting any
reference to the ensuing controversy) from the first version of the article.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.