Re: The Ineffectual DPL?

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 03:47:40PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Philippe Troin wrote:
>
> > I always vote, probably for the same reasons I vote in my country's
> > elections (mostly to prevent the people I disagree with the most to
> > get into office) and without having any trust nor hopes in the system
> > whatsoever.
>
> Voting in real elections makes sense, to stop bad seeds from getting into
> office.

I don't think there's actually any evidence to support that. Usually
there are no options on the ballot that will have any practical effect
on anything that matters. Most politicians react the same way when
they're actually in power, regardless of ideals or promises from when
they were trying to get elected.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |