Re: The Ineffectual DPL?

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 03:12:48PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> In effect, the DPL is nothing more than a figurehead, that can change from
> year to year.

In real life, figureheads are either:

[a] inanimate objects, or
[b] politicians who are put in place to conceal the real leaders.

I don't think either is the case for Debian.

What I think you're really objecting to is that debian leaders aren't
like military, political or maybe religious leaders.

Debian leaders are more focal points for ideas than people who intrude
into the daily details of how you live your life.

Anyways, from reading the bottom of your message, I've concluded that
the stuff in the middle about how the leader hurts debian was what you
consider to be "useless bickering", so I'll agree with you that far and
stop here.

--
Raul