Fasten or tighten (was: Screw) non-free.

On Saturday 20 March 2004 11:36, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 12:47:52AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:47:25AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > "not changing things" is effectively a removal of non-free:
> > >
> > > Some bug-free contrib and non-free packages are waiting for more
> > > than one year to enter testing since they were not rebuilt on all
> > > architectures.
> >
> > File ftp.debian.org bugs to have the binaries for the lagging
> > architectures removed. At least one ftpmaster has told me he's
> > quite willing to do this for non-autobuilt sections, and has done
> > so several times in the past.
>
> Considering the numbers that started this discussion, this would mean
> ftp.debian.org bugs for over 100 packages.
>
> I can do this, but is this huge amount of manual work for both the
> bug submitter and the ftpmasters really the best solution?

Again ;) (well, kind ;) requests to install needed build
dependencies could evtly. no longer be ignored silently.

It seems noone has too much pkgs in there, that would make it too hard
to get them in shape even manually, once they could actually be built.

There is this list of QA maintained packages, however. I don't use any
of them and currently can't put more into my 'queue of promises'.

Maintainer: Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>
distributed-net-pproxy:  Personal proxy for distributed.net clients.
amiwm:                   The Amiga look-alike window manager.
xtrojka:                 Fast paced columns-like game.
serialmail-src:          tools for passing mail across serial ...
xtoolplaces:             Save current desktop state.
qpage:                   SNPP client, or SNPP-to-TAP/IXO gateway.
fastforward-src:         aliases-style mail forwarding for qmail ...
ssh2:                    a secure replacement for rlogin, rsh, and rcp.
mwavem:                  Mwave/ACP modem support.
ines:                    Emulator for the NES/Famicom/Dandy game system.
mcvert:                  A Mac to Unix file converter.
xanim:                   Plays multimedia files ... [Still great! ma]
dot-forward-src:         .forward-compatibility for qmail (source).
distributed-net:         donate unused CPU cycles - client ...
libapache-mod-fastcgi:   FastCGI module for Apache.
bulkmail:                Speed up delivery of e-mail to large ...
epan:                    offline ethernet protocol analyzer.

Have a nice day, martin

--
Debian votes for Freedom - for debian/dists/non-free.
Debian votes for justice - The Debian Social Contract.