Re: Screw non-free.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:55:56AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > The buildds currently ignore non-free packages.
> > How do you propose to rectify or work around that?  Will passing Anthony
> > Towns's proposed amendment automatically rectify it?
> > If not, shouldn't we have a plan in place for concretizing our
> > reaffirmed support for non-free?
> That's a question ajt has to answer.

Eh? Reaffirming a commitment doesn't mean increasing it. I can't see
any reason why we'd be obliged to change anything should the resolution
I proposed pass; and the "concrete plan" for reaffirming support for
non-free is as simple as that: not changing things.

And it's not a question for me to answer, it's a question for the project.
It's no more appropriate for me to answer it than for any of the people
who seconded the proposal, any of the people who support the proposal,
or everyone else in the project who'll be abiding by the resolution
if it passes. I have no idea why you wish to single my opinions out in
that manner.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.