Re: Screw non-free.

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:32:16PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I'm undecided as to whether I would bother to contribute to non-free.org
> if Suffield's GR passes. I couldn't care less about a couple of my
> non-free packages, but I know that a few of them are quite important to
> our CJK users.

Because of the Adobe CMAP stuff, right? That stuff is only in non-free
because people are letting Adobe get away with it. They are almost
certianly not copyrightable *at all* - they're just character
translation maps. There is only one correct way to do them. Anybody
who cares about it should be able to get that stuff out of non-free
without too much trouble.

I find it significant that nobody has done so.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |