Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> writes:

> I think it is more than reasonable to entertain the possibility that a
> similar cause is, in the present case, responsible for a similar
> result.  And even to take action based on that assumption.  Or do you
> always wait for perfect information before making a decision?

You are surely right here.  There is a parodoxical situation, in that
the following are both true in my opinion:

1) The bullying that goes on in Debian is off-putting to a much
   greater percentage of women than men, and we must fix it if we want
   to increase the number of women who want to participate, and

2) Despite the truth of (1), it is a bad stereotype for any given
   woman to assume that Debian will bully her because just she is a
   woman and that Debian is mostly men.

Thomas