Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On 2004-03-05 14:21:08 +0000 Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

	Also, it is easy for those not in the target group to dismiss
the reports experiences that members of the target groups are having,
but not, in my eyes, with much credibility.

Similarly, when people question the conclusions extrapolated from those experiences, it is too easy for supporters of sexists to accuse people of questioning the experiences, even when they don't.

I know I am fortunate that I seldom (not never!) encounter discrimination and am one of a large group in most partitions of my homeland's population. That does not mean that you should discriminate against me, or others like me, when we question a particular illogical conclusion. "You do not experience this, so you should have no voice" is not a sensible argument for someone arguing against discrimination.

We cannot solve the problems by perpetuating these divisions, or by being unfair to more people. So-called "positive discrimination" is negative discrimination against the complementary class of people and is a problem, too. Please don't support sexism.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at