Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:59:57PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I think there's something sexist there--not in you, but in her.  If
> there is any truth to the notion that men are better at being bullied,
> then I think it is only because men get bullied more and have had to
> learn to deal with it.

This looks to me like a gross overgeneralization.  Furthermore, it's a
rather dismissive overgeneralization (since it is, in essence, a claim
that no other information exists, relevant to this context).

I also believe it to be a false overgeneralization -- for example, women
tend to get significantly stronger negative feedback for being assertive
than men do.

FYI,

--
Raul