Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:06:40PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Indeed.  For once I am ashamed to be a member of such a narrow
>  minded, bigoted group.
>
> 	Helen, please accept my apologies;  we are not quite grown up
>  enough to be able to interact with women yet.

Speak for yourself, sir.

The interactions I've had with female Debian developers have uniformly
been positive; these include Susan G. Kleinmann, Amaya Rodrigo Sastre,
C.M. Connelly, and Genise Pearce.

I enjoy good working relationships with women in my workplace as well;
one has forgotten more mathematics than I'll ever know, and another can
most certainly leave me bleeding and broken if we had a copy-editing and
English-usage throwdown.  :)

And I don't think I'm at all unique in this regard.  I refuse to
characterize Debian by anyone's rash actions, or even by our rashest
members.  To do so deeply devalues our better-behaved comrades, who are
in the majority.

I, for one, see a distinction between problem-solving and
self-flagellation.  In my view, the latter is of extremely questionable
utility.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If ignorance is bliss,