Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:01:35PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Since nobody in my opinion has ever said that...what are you
> complaining about?
> "We're a minority, please treat us equally", from one side, and
> "We're the majority, so we get special rights", from the other.

Again, perhaps this is purely a facet of my experiences... Currently in .nz,
we are facing some interesting times, regarding the native population and
what's call the Treaty of Waitangi. With this, I see a lot of:

"We're a previously persecuted minority, dammit, treat us special, we
deserve the land you have worked hard for. even though we sit on our asses."
from one side, and

"We're the majority, back off already, you're not that special" from the
other.

I'd be willing to bet this has rubbed off a bit, and leaked into my thoughts
on this discussion.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

        The first 90% of the code in a project takes 90% of the time.
         The next 10% of the code will take another 90% of the time.
                                                 -- J. S. Labuschagne