Re: Usage of Debian Structure Documentation, Social Contract etc

On Friday 27 February 2004 15.33, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:50:17PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> >  - long release cycles: I guess this is something that has its cause
> > not only in the organisational structure, but also in the people that
> > fill the roles. Most people relevant to the release process in Debian
> > have stability as their top goal, and release schedules are
> > unimportant to them. My guess is that when the same organisational
> > model would be used, but with other people, the situation could be
> > different.
>
> While I agree with you that other projects should consider whether
> adopting Debian's organizational structure has an effect on this, I
> believe that your "release schedules are unimportant to them" comment
> above is a mischaracterization.

Probably - what I meant to say was that release schedules are far less
important than stability and consistency in the release.

I hope nobody is offended.

cheers
-- vbi

--
QOTD:
	"Lack of planning on your part doesn't consitute an emergency