Re: Spam on lists? [was: Re: serious problems with Mr. Troup]

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 02:32:40PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-02-23 13:49:58 +0000 Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >Should we handle this technically by blocking further posts from
> >abusers, as the listmasters proposed?
>
> Blocking or further moderation only if periodic summaries of refused
> posts, including sender addresses, were made to an appropriate place.

Hi,

	We've got no plans to change the current system. Note that
it's not actually moderated, it just checks that the email is signed
by a key in the keyring.

	And trust me, you probably don't want to see the emails that
are getting blocked (But if did, this month's are at [1]). It looks
like there's something wrong with the sigcheck program too as it
appears to be blocking some valid emails, but we're looking into that.

	Cheers,

Pasc

[1]: http://people.debian.org/~pasc/dda-feb.mbox

--
Pascal Hakim                                            +61 4 0341 1672