Re: your logo

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:06:38PM +0100, Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:34:33 +0100
> Christine Hinrichsen <lilanelke@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello - I have got a very general question: where did you find the
> > white-grey  surface of your logo on the desktop - is it a real stone
> > or wall in a cavern? Does it mean to you anything? And the spiral or
> > helix - has it a meaning for you?  I like it.  I heard the spiral is
> > an old women's sign - i ve found one which is as well a spiral, a tree
> > and a woman. It is very old., but I dont know where it comes from.
> > Perhaps you have time to answer - I should be glad.
> > Christine
> hallo christine
>
> ahm welches genau meinst du? hast du ein link zur genauen datei?
> gürkan

He's probably talking about the default(?) WindowMaker background, which
is a red swirl on a greyish, textured background.

To answer the question: The swirl *is* our logo, the 'Open Use Logo' to
be precise. See http://www.debian.org/logos/index.html for more
information. The grey background is not part of any official Debian
logo, as far as I'm aware.

And sorry, I can't tell you about the meaning of the swirl :-/

Michael