Re: unauthorized upload of xfree86 4.3.0-1 to unstable

Moin Adrian!
Adrian Bunk schrieb am Wednesday, den 04. February 2004:

> him, and if the question isn't "Should XFree86 4.3.0 enter unstable
> now?" but instead "What's missing until everyone (including Branden)
> considers XFree86 4.3.0 to be ready for unstable?" might lead to

Please calculate the probability for this situation to happen in a
predicatable time frame before judging DanielS.

IMHO, there are simply no real reasons (for people out there, including
me) that can justify a such delay. Damn, I would be happy if I could
tell everyone who asks me why we don't have X 4.3 in Sid: this is broken
and this is broken, this would ruine most people's day. But having only
explanations like "something on Arch foo with driver bar makes
application xyz crash" or we wait for gods to send us an idea how to
change the char X in patch Y which we have here just for fun anyway (and
maybe 0.0001% of users really care about), or such things... No, I won't
use the right words here because someone would begin another crusade
against me immediately.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
'Duke Nukem Forever: n. See XFree Release 4.3 for Debian'
  -- free after http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,61935,00.html