Re: unauthorized upload of xfree86 4.3.0-1 to unstable

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:55:38PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I think you got me wrong (quite possible, considering my language). In
> fact, that is what I wanted to say: he should rely on trust, and not
> install fixed rules or technical measures to prevent things like that.

Would it be so bad if dinstall rejected uploads that appeared to be NMUs
but didn't identify themselves as such in the changelog?

(Figuring out whether the version number was NMU-policy-compliant would
be more difficult, but probably not impossible.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The greatest productive force is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human selfishness.