Re: Software package.

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 08:42:49PM +0200, Rain@home.ro wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I would like to ask a question and I hope I picked the right email
> address to submit it to. I am currently developing an application which is
> announced on freshmeat and hosted on sourceforge and I wonder if there is
> a way to submit this aplication for review by your staff to see wether it
> can be included in the upcoming releases of your distribution. I am
> relatively new to this so I have no ideea whatsoever about the procedure
> that I must undergo. I have picked to write to this distribution since
> from what I know it tends to include a wide variety of programs and
> software packages.

The proper procedure for this would be to file a 'Request for Packaging'
(RFP) bug, as docuemented on http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/. Please
note that becuase Debian is a volunteer community, there is no guarantee
that somebody will actually package your program for Debian or even take
a look at it (an informative but not too long description of your
program helps a lot here, of course)

cheers,

Michael