Re: Debian / Lindows ?

Monte Self wrote:
I recently purchased Lindows OS 3.0 and 4.0 and from what I gather Debian is the ROOT of the Lindows OS. I have been diddling in basic and using windows but Lindows has caught my attention and I hope I'm directing this to the right people. I would like to learn to "DEVELOPE" and or test or "contribute" to the developement of Debian if I can while I learn about Lindows "IF" it is an acceptable OS to Debian. I am however a bit confused or you might say "billwashed" by past experiences with OS operations, I went to a Debian chat channel in Xchat and was rudely booted out for mentioning the new OS Lindows (at least new to me) and now this is why I am sending this Email to maybe get an explanation if a Lindows user is capable of helping Debian.
any response is very much appriciated.
THANKS... Monte Self
Soul, Can it be saved ?
After Forever
Black Sabbath
Monte Self

Hello,

I know that the chat culture may be a bit harsh at first, and people seem to overreact quite a bit. Given a few rules of civilian behavior, you shouldnt be booted. However, plese note:

- Some Channels require a real name to be set

- Lindows as I understand it is just some linux with WINE (to run windows apps). Apart from that they changed the 'traditional' unix folder structurte to something windows-like, which many people resent.
Debian has a completely different directory tree.

- Developing for debian is IMO not meaningful without a debian system, and with at least some basic knowledge of a programming language..

yours

Robert Ribnitz